My boyfriend and I decided to spend the weekend in London! A spontaneous last minute trip to this beautiful european city….
In Europe you have to pack light and since we were only going away for the weekend all I had was a carry on and my purse. I found that in Europe they are even stricter with how much luggage you are able to carry. The dimensions for carry on luggage should have a maximum length of 56 cm (22 inches), width of 45 cm (18 inches) and depth of 25 cm (10 inches) including all handles, side pockets, wheels etc. Typically I pack my heaviest things in my carry on bag…however certain airlines like Ryan Air will even go to the extent of refusing your carry on bag if it weighs over 10kg/22lbs. So to say the least my years of experience of packing like an expert in the states is useless.
But I have learned the hard way…lighter is better when traveling. It’s a fact that more stuff weights you down. Literally. My advice when traveling is to pack minimally. The best way to ensure this is to buy a carry on bag that meets the dimension requirements and are already approved by the airlines.
The best carry on bag I found for European travel is the 7R Spinner from Hartmann. This ultra light weight bag has a beautiful sleek design, with several internal compartments to organize your personal belongings, and 4 wheels so you may move freely around the airport. It also has a built in lock to keep your belongings safe. I have it in a beautiful rose gold and it is my favorite carryon bag I have ever owned!
Days spent traveling can be very long and tiring. This is a good time to allow your skin to breath. As in…don’t cake on the makeup. Rest. Relax. And hydrate yourself internally and externally as much as you can. That means lots of water!
I have put together a list of essentials that should help get you through your travel day still looking and feeling chic.
1. Don’t forget your camera! You want to document all of your travels don’t you? Having a reliable camera on hand is worth it…I highly recommend the Sony RX 100. It is small enough to fit in any purse and even has wifi capabilities so you can send it straight to your phone.
2. An eye mask is a must…at least for me. I am sensitive to light when I sleep so carrying one in your bag will allow you to rest in peace no matter what time of day it is. And while you are dealing with time changes during travel…thats pretty important. I love the brand Wildfox and they have some SUPER cute ones…
3. Sunglasses are essential for the obvious reasons. Hide your tired eyes and eye protection..plus these velvet Ray Bans are ultra stylish. I have them in “Chris Blue” with the blue mirrored lenses…they are HOT!
6. Evian Spray. You will probably see this in nearly every beauty post of mine. I swear by it! I helps tone, refresh, and hydrate your skin. I literally carry it with me everywhere every single day. It’s one of my all time favorite beauty products. I have not found it in Ireland or the UK yet..although I am sure it is available somewhere and I am on the hunt. Otherwise just order straight from their site. In the states I always bought packs of them at Sephora.
7. A notepad, pen, and of course your passport duh! Of course we have notes available on our phones, iPads, and etc…but I have found I remember things more and I am better focused when I actually physically write them down. You never know when you may need a notepad and pen. I found a really adorable one from Kate Spade.
10. Neutrogena 3 in one concealer! Like said this is a great time to allow your skin to breathe and to keep it hydrated. This 3 in one concealer is great to cover up small spots and discoloration. It serves as concealer, SPF, and an eye cream. I have not found it in Europe yet however in the states you can buy it at any pharmacy or beauty supply store.
12. BIO OIL! I discovered this stuff in London a few years ago actually! My cuticles were so dry and I needed help immediately! This was the only kind of oil I could find and I started using it. I now swear by this product also! You can use it for SO MUCH! It is perfect for traveling so you don’t need to pack so many other products because this is all in one. This product is used by a lot of models in the industry as well. I know girls who literally put it over their entire bodies. ( I also do this sometimes) It helps take away scars, stretch marks, evens skin tone, and hydrates! Remember what I said about hydrating. I love having this handy while traveling. You can also find this at most pharmacy and beauty product stores.
That should be everything you need to travel lightly and still look chic.
Cheers to your next European adventure!